One of my fav guilty pleasure foods: chicken fingers 😍😍😍
A couple of years ago, Josh was going through a low carb phase and he found this recipe for chicken fingers that knocked our socks off! The surprising ingredient – pork rinds! Apparently pork rinds are an extremely low carb food, and make this a much better option!
Josh’s Low Carb Chicken Fingers
One big bag of pork rinds
2 packages of chicken tenderloins (about 12 strips)
2 tablespoons of oil – you can use olive, but we like avocado oil
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Dump the pork rinds into a gallon zip lock bag. Crush with a rolling pin. Note: You can crush these as much as you’d like. We prefer more of a panko style texture versus a powder.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients to the bag and shake well.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, whisk.
- Coat the chicken in the raw eggs, then dip them into the bag. Coat well.
- Add oil to pan.
- Add about 4 or 5 strips into pan. Cook on medium heat for about 4-5 minutes until chicken is golden brown. Flip chicken and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
I just recently started to cook brussel sprouts! I didn’t grow up eating them, but after reading about how wonderful these are for your body, I’m still experimenting with these little guys. Brussels sprouts are high in fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. In a way they are also superheroes since they have the potential to reduce the risk of cancer, decrease inflammation and improve blood sugar control.
Also they are super easy to make! All of this happens on one pan.
I buy a bag of brussel sprouts from the produce section of the grocery store. It’s usually where they carry the packaged salads.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop brussel sprouts into quarter size pieces.
- Add brussel sprouts to cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 25 minutes.
I will update you later on the details of my 30th birthday yesterday! It was amazing, with surprises at every corner. I am off to do some shopping for Jules & James Boutique now. Have a great Wednesday!