Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, friends!
Do y’all remember when Jameson never smiled or showed any emotion in pictures? This year he turned over a new leaf and wow…that personality has really come out!
2019 has been quite a year. There were many peaks, but also many valleys.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- This was my last year in my 20s, and if I’m being honest, it kinda kicked my butt. We almost lost my dad in the spring after some complications of his stem cell transplant. Thank the Lord, he pulled through and his cancer is now in remission for the second time. We are SO incredibly thankful. This scare really threw me a curve ball, and I felt myself pulling away from my business and giving my family my full attention. Nearly losing someone you love has a way of putting life into perspective. This is a totally vulnerable statement, but I feel like in 2019 I was a better mom than I was a business owner. Thankfully, I have an awesome team that has stepped up when I have stepped down.
- I had the opportunity to go to Kenya in June, love on some amazing people, and speak at an entrepreneur conference.
- We launched a new shoe line at Jules & James Boutique, broke all kinds of records, and collaborated with a huge denim company.
- After two years of having the awesome responsibility and privilege of being a stay at home dad, Josh went back to work! In 2018-2019, he coached baseball and fell in love working with students at his alma mater, Bowdon High School. This awakened a calling in his life, as he realized the connection and impact that he’s able to have on students. He is using his engineering background as a high school STEM teacher at Carrollton High School. The kids love him! He’s crushing it, and we are so, so proud!
- Juliette started Kindergarten in the fall. She’s reading, counting, and showing a real love for mathematics and science (she gets that from her dad!) Lately she has been telling me all about 2D and 3D shapes and their differences. She’s so incredibly smart! She loves to travel, spend time with her friends, and she asks for a baby sister just about every single day!
- Jameson has grown so much this year! His personality is really developing and we can’t get enough of him. Every single person in our family is pretty much obsessed with him and his charm. His best friend in the entire world is our dog, Lola. He loves going to preschool and church to see his “best friends.” If he doesn’t want to go to school, he goes to work with mommy and it works out just fine.
I hope that your year has been sweet and filled with things and people that you love. I am thankful for so many things. If you’re reading this post, I can only assume that you have supported Jules & James in some way. Even if you’ve only purchased one thing this whole year, I want to say THANK YOU! Because of you, we are able to employ the most amazing people, support and give back to the local & global community, and contribute and assist organizations and charities all over the world. Together, we’re changing the world one piece of clothing at a time.
Merry Christmas, friends! And may you have the most blessed New Year!